PDFCreator

We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.7.1 today. This release ensures that the pdfcmon.dll gets uninstalled on x64 systems and fixes printing after saving. Furthermore it includes some improvements in the pdfforge.dll. Visit http://www.pdfforge.org/content/whats-new to view the full changelog.

As you may know, we have been talking for quite a while about a complete rewrite of PDFCreator. As I have started the project in 2002, it was just before my studies in computer science began. The programming language that was at hand was Visual Basic 6, so I started putting a few things together with that.

We are happy to release PDFCreator 1.7.0 and PDF Architect 1.1 today.

PDFCreator now produces PDF/A 2b output and has a lot of small fixes and improvements included.

PDF Architect now allows to move pages in the document by dragging and dropping them in the page preview, add lines and different shapes an a lot more. PDF Architect 1.1 is included in the PDFCreator offline setup and can be downloaded and installed during the regular setup. Existing users of PDF Architect will receive an update notification shortly.

We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.6.2 today. This is a bugfix release.

The release fixes brings to components in different version. MSCOMCTL.OCX is included in a newer version because a security problem ahs been found. Ghostscript was downgraded to 9.05, because 9.05 has a memory leak which causes a high memory consumption when a lot of PDFs are converted, like in server mode.

We have also fixed a problem in the pdfcmon on Terminal Servers. The detection for the Session name encoding (hex or decimal) was broken and did only work, when logging was activated.

We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.6.0 today. This very includes our new PDF Architect which greatly enhances the capabilities of the old Architect. As the new Architect is significatnly larger, we have created an online setup which will download PDF Architect on the fly if it was selected and an offline setup that can be used when no internet connection is available or a slow download is anticipated.

We also did some improvements to the pdfcmon to handle some special cases on different Terminal Server editions.

We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.5.1 today. This is a minor release which includes some updated translations and fixes some problem that were left with temporary paths on Windows Server and a bug that cause PDFCreator to create a lot of open handles in server mode. This release also fixes a problem that specially seems to occur on german systems. Some characters in the PDF were displayed as a rectangle, but were printed correctly. This was due to an incompatible PostScript driver version.

We hope you enjoy this new version of PDFCreator.

We are happy to release PDFCreator 1.5.0 today. This release brings some improvements, like display options for PDF files (tell the Reader to start with Page X, open in full screen etc) and better Group Policy support for admins. This release also should finally solve session problems on Terminal Servers and also supports multiple sessions of a single user at the same time.

We hope that you enjoy this new release.

We are happy to release PDFCreator 1.4.3 today. It again fixes some small bugs and also comes with some small improvements. PDFCreator now supports Tokens with parameters. When you use the DateTime token with auto-save, you can add a formatting parameter, i.e. <DateTime:yyyy> will give you just the year. This is explained in detail in the help file.

We hope you enjoy this release!

We are happy to release PDFCreatot 1.4.2 today. We have fixed some smaller things, which may have a big effect though. Among them is a crash of the pdfcmon.dll when the document title had more than 255 characters. We hope that you enjoy this new release!

Two weeks after PDFCreator 1.4.0 we have released version 1.4.1 today. We are happy to do so, because this version fixes some bugs. Especially the problem some users have encountered which caused PDFCreator to not work at all has been fixed. This has been due to a "misunderstanding" between two components of PDFCreator, which looked in different paths if the environment variables TEMP and TMP were set to different folders.