We think it's time to publish our latest improvements. Version 2.5 is characterized by "Tuning under the hood".
Increased Safety Level
A higher safety level is now available in PDFCreator Plus and all Business editions. We are very happy to provide 256 Bit AES encryption.
This is possible because PDFCreator is now including PDF Tools libraries. The Swiss company PDF Tools is member of the PDF association and provides the highly valued PDF Online Validator pdf-online.com. As Switzerland is world-wide known for best security levels, we believe there's no better way to rely on additional security tools being provided by Swiss companies. Using PDF Tools for signing, encryption and PDF/A conversion ensures the highest quality standards.
- Dropbox share link is shown after conversion.
- Single share link (folder) for Dropbox allows upload of multiple files.
- Translations are improved for faster loading, correct plural forms for languages with more than one plural and improved translation experience for our translators (link: translate.pdfforge.org).
- E-Mail Client Action keeps Outlook font settings (with enabled HTML).
- HTML support for e-mails via SMTP.
- The PrinterHelper has been enhanced for a more stable installation, removing and repairing of printers.
PDFCreator 2.5 will be the last version to run on Windows XP. Further versions of PDFCreator will run on .NET 4.5 and require at least Windows Vista SP2 or Windows Server 2008 SP2.
- Better detection of Print/PrintTo associations for Windows 8 and above. This unfortunately was changed by Microsoft in an undocumented and incompatible way.
- Refuse encryption of PDF/A and PDF/X (comply with standard)
- Use PDF Version 1.7 for PDF/A-2b (comply with standard)
- Thanks to your error reports, we could fix some unexpected exceptions.