If you have been eagerly awaiting the release of PDF Architect 9, we have good news for you:
The wait is over, and the new version comes with a lot of new features that will make working with your favorite PDF editor even easier and more productive than ever.
Improved user experience
It starts at the home screen. You can now customize it by selecting shortcuts to your favorite and most used PDF tools for quicker access. One of your new favorite tools could be the new “Fill & Sign” module. It lets you fill out and sign your forms quickly and allows you to add text, shapes and signature, and send it from your desktop. This is accompanied by a floating toolbar that assists you in editing more quickly and easily.
The workflow of opening and saving your PDFs has gotten several improvements as well. For example, you can choose which page will be displayed when opening a document with the new “Go to page” feature. When using “Save as” you can now select to send your PDF file directly to OneNote. Other helpful additions in this area are the ability to automatically add existing page marks to new pages and appending or prepending a document or page to the end or beginning of a PDF via a virtual printer.
Another nice little addition is the new default page preview size in the page tab, where you can choose and customize your preferred preview size when viewing your PDF.
Easier feedback and communication
PDF Architect 9 offers several new features that ensure an even easier and faster communication between you and our teams. There is, for example, a new integrated live chat that helps you to get in touch with a PDF Architect support agent, in case you get stuck with something or simply have a question. But we also want to hear from you if you have any suggestions for helpful features that have potential to be added to one of the next versions. Therefore, we have included a feature suggestion option on the home screen.
On top of that, we have added a new and improved feedback feature which allows users to share their thoughts about our tools, updates, and services or to report bugs.
We also want to keep you up to date with our latest news and have integrated a new messaging system to share upcoming product promotions, useful tips and showcase relevant offers directly.
Better E-Sign flow
The whole e-sign flow has been improved in PDF Architect 9 to give you more control and even more security. For example, you can now add a Default or Custom Consent form.
With the Default Consent form, users can include a pre-generated consent form for the signer of the PDF document where they can add their electronic signature for a more secure and legally binding e-signature process.
The Custom Consent form lets you create your own consent forms or customize the default form to your own specifications for signers.
The new version comes with a lot more flexibility for the user. It lets you resize the PDF Architect window to your preferred size and can also be used in the split-screen mode.
When it comes to bookmarks, they can now be applied within merged documents. At the same time pre-existing bookmarks are retained upon merging multiple documents or a file folder.
We have also added the “Read Aloud Feature”. This new Text to Speech feature allows you to have the content of your document read back to you, using our state-of-the-art AI technology.
For an overview of all new features and improvements as well as major bug fixes, please check out the changelog below.
- Entirely new and improved Home screen UI
- New "Fill & Sign" module to allow users to fill forms and sign easily
- New and improved E-Sign flow with added functionality to give more control to users
- Create bookmarks for merged documents & retain existing bookmarks
- More flexibility to re-size PDF Architect window
- Read Aloud FeatureChange Indent added to tool area for text editing
- Change Indent added to tool area for text editing
- New and improved Open PDF and Save as flow for a better UX
Major bug fixes and improvements
- Incorrect animation for hover over pages in 'Pages' tab.
- Empty PDF Architect preview is shown in Outlook
- The 'Reset default' button does not appear when the window is reopened in the Page -> Crop
- Better highlight, underline, and Strikethrough handling
- Fixed PDF Architect User management failing to refresh on its own
- The 'Synchronous Scrolling' text is cut of in 'Side by Side' view
- The 'Previous' arrow in the calendar is missing in E-Sign
- The watermarks text isn't displayed on the document preview -> Edit tab
- The frame is adjustable when the 'Remove white margins' checked in the Page Crop
- The Password ﬁeld animation is shifted in the Batch
- No 'Drag to add' hint in the E-sign panel
- The Evernote window extends beyond the minimum PDF Architect window
- A hotkey is triggered when trying to enter "F" to a text ﬁeld when you are on Forms tab
- The Save button is disabled when replacing the ﬁle name in the 'Save as'
- “Decrease” and “Increase” indent tooltip is not translated