For PDFCreator 4.3 we focused on clearing any potential obstacles for a quick and precise workflow. Find out what’s new:
Smooth workflow without disturbances
PDFCreator 4.3 supports you in taking the quickest way forward by notifying you about any conflicting settings before they can cause an issue. For example, the workflow editor instantly lets you know in the form of small exclamation mark icons if any configurations are missing or incorrect.
When you use the print action to forward to a second PDFCreator printer, the new version 4.3 will make sure that things work smoothly for you. To help you avoid causing loops, you will now be informed about circular dependencies between the PDFCreator printers.
In order to stick with your preferred settings, the e-mail quick action now uses the HTML setting from Outlook. Furthermore, when e-mailing via SMTP, it is now possible to send the e-mail on behalf of someone else and to define the display name and ‘reply to’ address (applies only to PDFCreator Pro, Terminal Server and Custom).
With PDFCreator’s many helpful features, it is important to ensure that any potential disruptions between them are avoided. Therefore, we have implemented the option to proceed with further send actions if one of them fails. For example, if sending a PDF file by e-mail fails for some reason, it will proceed with the following actions.
For the print action, we have integrated two improvements. Firstly, to give you a much better overview of your print jobs, the print action now displays the output filename in the printer queue, so you know exactly which file is being processed. Secondly, the print action now has the option to fit the document to the page size of the printer.
- Please check for the new e-mail format setting, when using the COM-interface for sending HTML formatted e-mails via SMTP.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: When e-mailing via SMTP, it is now possible to send the e-mail on behalf of someone else and to define the display name and reply to address.
- The workflow editor view has been further improved with immediate and better visibility of incorrect settings.
- The print action now has the option to fit the document to the page size of the printer.
- New option to proceed with further send actions if one of them fails.
- It is now possible to save settings with removed passwords, which makes it easier to share settings for a support case.
- The e-mail quick action now uses default HTML setting of the client.
- New warning about circular dependencies when selecting another PDFCreator printer in the print action.
- HotFolder could sometimes use the wrong PDFCreator profile to convert files.
- HotFolder did not consider shared settings.
- The “forward to profile” action may have failed with an UnauthorizedAccessException.
- Opening the signature settings always selected the first time server account instead of the originally selected.
- The /Profile parameter did not work for files that have to be printed.
- The <OutputFilenames> token was not always replaced.
- For the special condition that the filename contained a whitespace in the 23rd position, the conversion of PDF files via drag & drop failed.