PDF Architect 8 shines with a completely new and redesigned user-interface. Editing your PDFs will be more intuitive, quicker, and easier.
Discover what’s new and take a look at some of the most important changes in our short summary below.
More intuitive and easier navigation
To give you a much more intuitive experience when you edit your PDF files, a lot of the features have been moved or renamed. Some features have been combined to make it easier and quicker for you to navigate straight to the functions you are looking for.
Many Edit and Comment features are now available via a dynamic toolbar that appears once an element is selected and provides easier access to related properties. Three newly added keyboard shortcuts will help you to jump to the next pages of a single document or if multiple documents are open you can cycle through them one at a time.
Speed things up by doing multiple things at once
PDF Architect will make completing tasks as simple as possible for you. Quick Search is moved from the bottom of the screen to the top. All panels now provide a + icon in order to access their context menu options.
Basic tasks like ‘Add Comments’ or ‘Protect your PDF’ now have more default options on the home screen. At the same time, the Quick Access Menu on the upper top left of the screen now includes the option ‘Send by e-mail’.
The page module has a new interactive graphical interface allowing users to preview all pages in a document at once. Document pages can be moved via drag and drop or get selected in order to facilitate page functions such as Extract or Replace.
More batch-processing can be done with the Batch Compress feature, which has been added to the Batch module enabling users to reduce the file size for multiple documents at once. In addition, PDF Architect’s Duplicate feature in the dynamic toolbar, facilitates the reuse of content. It duplicate copies and pastes the selected object onto the same page, enabling users to re-create intricate objects with specific sizes, colors, and formatting
E-Sign and OCR features improved
Lastly, our two most popular features, E-Sign and Optical Character Recognition (OCR), have both been improved.
The E-Sign interface has been completely revamped with streamlined options and a floating panel to quickly place signatures, initials, and forms onto a page. E-Sign’s Advanced Send features are now available under Request Signature while Quick Send features are available from Sign your Document.
OCR comes with a new engine, offers an improved usability, and a simplified workflow, as some less important options have been removed to help you focus on the strengths of this feature. A big difference is that in addition to recognizing text, the new engine can restore a structured document. That saves you a lot of time because you get presented with an editable file instead of having to rebuild and restructure the whole document yourself.
- New, completely redesigned user-interface - many features have been moved or renamed in-order to provide a more intuitive experience.
- Create and Convert modules are combined and now both available under the
- Many Edit and Comment features are now available via a dynamic toolbar that appears once an element is selected and provides easier access to related properties. SharePoint and Images also use the toolbar
- E-Sign interface is completely revamped with streamlined options and a floating panel to quickly place signatures, initials, and forms onto page.
- E-Sign’s Advanced Send features are now available under Request Signature while Quick Send features are available from Sign your Document
- Batch processes are now a module with a new full screen interface and
- Quick Search is moved from the bottom of the screen to the top
- All Panels now provide a + icon in-order to access its context menu options
- File menu now has less functions with Create, Convert, Options, Send and Batch features all moved to other locations
- Send by email is now available from the Quick Access menu on the upper top
left of the screen
- Properties is completely re-designed to be more intuitive and now provides
many more Edit features
- Account and product settings are now easier to manage with improved usability
- Home screen adds more default options for basic tasks such ‘Add Comments’ or ‘Protect your PDF’
- Page module has a new interactive graphical interface allowing users to preview all pages in a document at once. Document pages can be moved via drag and drop or selected in-order to facilitate page functions such as extract or replace.
- Sign Document is a new workflow in E-Sign enabling users to add their own signature or initials to a document without having to go through an email signing ceremony.
- Batch Compress feature is added to the Batch module enabling users to reduce file size for multiple documents at once.
- Duplicate feature available in the dynamic toolbar facilitates the reuse of content. Duplicate copies and pastes the selected object onto the same page enabling users to re-create intricate objects with specific sizes, colors, and formatting.
- Auto-Updates allow users to keep the software updated without having to check for and install updates manually, if available.
- Configure Quick Access & Configure Panels allows users to customize which tools are displayed in both the Quick Access and right-Panel areas.
- New keyboard shortcuts have been added.
Resolved issues (Major)
- “Do you want to save change” message is hidden and blocked the program if the it is half-hidden behind the screen
- Inline message with error is shown when moving annotation in the signed document
- Impossible to use "Verify Signature, View Signed Version, Certificate Details" features without an active product with Secure module included.
- Some annotations and forms appear cropped/invisible after the copy-paste "User account control" pop-up does not appear when you call the installer and does not allow to update the application.
- Radio Buttons names are synchronized while changing the name of any button
- Impossible to put a digital signature on a document if another one was added before
- Digital Signatures displays with background.
- Changes are lost in one of opened in SDI mode documents when you switch to MDI mode and try to cancel closing
- App crashes when you cancel movement of grouped objects
- A few selected documents are not printed properly from the shell context menu
- The app crashes when you switch between tabs in the right-side panel
- Impossible to fill in the text forms in different browsers. A text is invisible while typing numbers and letters in Latin alphabet in Chrome, impossible to type text in Firefox and Edge, forms are unresponsive
- Line in a text block is shifted after using of Superscript/Subscript
- Text block with subscript/superscript is displayed incorrect after 'Character Spacing' feature is applied.
Resolved issues (Minor)
- Thumbnails of Publisher attachments are not displayed
- Dark background is absent around Info, Warning and Error popups and around the Edit Word List dialogue
- Quick Launch shortcut is created when the checkbox for creation Quick Launch shortcut was unchecked before installation
- Document can be sent with an empty required field
- The "State is undefined" message appears while trying to Sign In via Google
- Scrollbar is absent if select one of search results and minimize the application window to the smallest size
- File path is not cropped in the converting error pop-up
- Secured PDF document can be inserted into itself/another PDF file and can be used to replace pages
- "Add" of Prefix and Suffix does not work in Batch->Convert->PDF/A
- [Add Opened Files] option does not change its’ state in 'Remove Bates Numbering'
- "Open Files upon Creation" option is not operable
- 'Open Files upon Creation' option interferes with the work of 'Show PDF after conversion' of Internet Explorer
- Impossible to install "MS Internet Explorer Preview Plugin" at Win x32 systems
- Side Panel remains open with no possibility to be closed when all tools were removed from it
- Text in Hebrew is displayed incorrectly in forms
- Calculation fields are not operable when a field name contains space
- One string is not localized into other languages in the right-side panel > Signatures
- Document order is incorrect in the list while adding them through [Add Folder...]
- Metadata is deleted from the document after compression