Our mission is continuously providing you with reliable and secure PDF-software to make your daily tasks easy. Dive in this article and see what has been refined in PDFCreator. As we improved the security we recommend all PDFCreator users to update to version 3.3.0!
Although we aren't affected, we implemented the latest Ghostscript version to fix security vulnerabilities. Furthermore, PDFCreator was sometimes wrongfully flagged as Potentially Unwanted Application by ESET. We can now ensure that PDFCreator 3.3.0 is a clean version that will not be flagged by any antivirus software.
In case you own a PDFCreator license you may encounter to re-install PDFCreator on another machine. In this event, during uninstall, the computer is automatically removed from the license and the activation is set free to be used on a different machine. Just install PDFCreator on a new workstation or server – without the need to manually revoke the former activation.
As of today, business users can now choose to create a PDF/A validation report together with
their PDF/A file. It can be activated in
Profiles -> Convert -> Save validation report.
When activated, a json file with the validation report will be saved alongside the PDF/A file. This report will
inform about the validation date and time, whether it was successful and if not, which problems have been found.
Validation reports can be used to validate files before commiting them to a long-term archive to ensure files will be stillreadable many years in the future.
Other improvements in PDFCreator 3.3.0
According to the request of users to extend the Group Policy settings, now it’s possible to disable the Accounts tab and the introduction Window that is shown after an installation or update.
Similarily, you can make more settings in the registry. The time PDFCreator will wait to print a file (Drag&Drop or Command line), can now be changed under
There is a new command line parameter
/Merge you can specify multiple
PDF and PS files that will be merged into a single print job and
then converted by PDFCreator.
- Added a workaround for a bug in .Net that would raise an error while ending the application (TaskCanceledException), even though everything worked fine
- Fixed a bug that would declare lower case driver letters in paths as invalid (i.e. 'c:\Temp')
- When using the E-Mail button, PDFCreator validated the target path even though it was not used
- PDFCreator Plus, PDFCreator Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server: The setup was not able to detect that HotFolder was still running, which made an update installation fail
- PDFCreator Plus, PDFCreator Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server: Downloading the update could have crashed if the download was performed multiple times
- Fixed a bug that could show an error message (NotSupportedException) during the first start of PDFCreator
- The ouput path was not correctly set when changing the profile during a print job
- PDFCreator Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server: GPO for application settings does not influence the printer tab anymore
- (Ready to Merge) The command line parameters /Printer, /Profile and /OutputFilename can now be used when converting PDF and PS files (see :ref:`CommandLineParameters`:)
- Announcement: From now on silent installation is only available for PDFCreator Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server.
- PDFCreator now asks to collect anonymous usage statistics to improve the further development. This feature respects your privacy and completely optional. Users will be informed transparently when the application is started for the first time.