PDFCreator 4.2 is outKategorien:Releases
The most important news is that PDFCreator 4.2 comes with the brand-new PDF Architect 8. While the new version of our PDF editor offers an overall improved usability, PDFCreator 4.2 also includes a few changes and additions that are meant to help you navigate through the settings more easily.
Sometimes removing things can help to make way for improvements, and this is what happened in PDFCreator’s workflow editor. The classic tab view of the profile settings was removed and got replaced with a much better overview and usability of the different features.
We noticed that for some users it was difficult to find certain features without additional help. It is very important to us that you find all settings quickly and easily to make full use of them. Therefore, we have been gathering some feedback from our customers over the past weeks and have implemented some changes that we think have improved the overall usability. For example, there is a new small wizard that guides you through the most important settings when you create a profile and supports you with more info in the side bar and clearer icons.
Also helpful will be that the COM interface has been extended and allows better control over the order of the configured actions. Please feel free to look at the sample scripts in the "Com Scripts" Folder in the PDFCreator installation directory.
For an overview of all improvements and bug fixed please see our changelog below. We hope you’ll enjoy PDFCreator 4.2 and PDF Architect 8!
- PDFCreator 4.2.0 includes our newest PDF viewer and editor: PDF Architect 8.
- The workflow editor view has been improved for a better overview and usability. Therefore the classic tab view of the profile settings was removed.
- A new small wizard guides users through creating profiles.
- The COM interface has been extended and allows better control over the execution order of actions.
- It is now possible to add multiple files as cover pages or as attachment pages.
- The setup now supports keyboard shortcuts.
- HotFolder now uses PDFCreator’s direct conversion to convert PDF and PS files.
- When restoring settings or loading from an ini file the updated application settings were not immediately displayed.
- User tokens were not applied when switching between profiles on the print job screen.
- Merging pdf or ps files via commandline parameter opened the merge window instead of merging the files instantly.
- The setup lost the current PDFCreator language preference during updates.
- A script error occurred while adding a Dropbox account.
- The setup window could not be moved while an overlay is active.