We are currently having two types of advertisements, during the setup and on the website.
For advertisements during the setup, the following rules apply for offers (co-bundles):
- Ad screens need to be obvious about what is offered
- The user must have an easy way to decline the offered software with one click. The screen may not be designed in a way to disguise this ability.
- The offered software may not obfuscate its presence on the machine
- The co-bundles may not inject advertisements in the user’s browsers or in another manipulate the content of other websites.
- Of course, the offered software may not be malicious and must be free from viruses and malware.
- The user must be able to easily uninstall the offered software and may not obfuscate the uninstallation process
For advertisements on the website:
- The ads may not display fake download buttons
- Irritating offers, i.e. Software that can be confused with on-page software may not be advertised. Competing products may not be advertised with similar or confusable names or descriptions
The advertisements on the website comes from Google AdSense, which will not enforce our policies on its own. Therefore, we have to react to new offers not complying with our guidelines and block them manually. If you find inappropriate advertisements, please feel free to contact us, if possible with a screenshot and the link the advertisement sends you to after clicking.