We had and still have a very succesfull year and want to complete it with another highlight. Our last release was a complete enhanced redesign of our world famous PDFCreator. Now we have added some brand new features to inspire your workflows.
We introduce an after conversion window to give you a summery of the resulting document with a quick and easy access to further actions - perfect for optional operations that are too infrequent to include them in a profile.
One of the favorite PDFCreator features is the extensive and timesaving autosave mode. Saving some document in a folder structure sorted by date, print it, upload it to a back-up server and send it via mail: It can be all done in one job.
Sometimes this can be a little bit too magical.
Therefore we added a notification in the tray area, available for PDFCreator Plus, PDFCreactor Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server. You will get a short subtile note when your conversion finished or - even more important - you will get immediate feedback if an error occured.
You can select if you want notifications for every conversion,
just for failed ones or completly disable them.
Have you ever lost any files? You remember creating a document but forgot the exact name and where you saved it?
PDFCreator now provides an overview of the most recently converted documents. From here you can open them, process via PDF Architect, launch your email client or simply delete obsolete documents.
More Improvements of PDFCreator 3.1:
- Quick actions: After converting a file, you can now optionally perform actions like opening the file or sending it by email. You can configure if you want to see this screen.
- File history: PDFCreator shows a list of the most recently converted documents and allows you to open or send these files.
- PDFCreator Plus, PDFCreactor Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server: Notifications for Auto-Save: When converting a file in Auto-Save mode, you can now optionally get a notification in the tray area. This can be configured to be shown on successful and failed jobs or just for failed ones.
- Command line: PDFCreator now accepts command line parameters to set the output file and the profile.
- It is now possible to confirm the save dialog with the enter/ return key.
- User tokens in text fields now are shown in the preview with temporary values.
- The email actions now support CC and BCC fields as well.
- The timeout for the HTTP action can be configured now.
- Tokens are now available in the PDF signature fields Reason, Location and Contact.
- PDFCreator now uses Ghostscript 9.22 and (in the free version) iText 5.5.12.
- PDFCreator is now able to invoke a print job for a lot more file formats, even if a UWP App is registered as default viewer.
- Title replacement: Searching and replacing text is now case-insensitive.
- After loading settings from ini files, the settings could not be saved anymore.
- Under certain circumstances, a runtime error could happen during the setup.
- PDFCreator Terminal Server: Under some circumstances, the activation service could not be installed successfully.
- PDFCreator Plus, PDFCreactor Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server: When a connection to the license server is not possible, PDFCreator sometimes could delete a valid activation.
- PDFCreactor Business and PDFCreator Terminal Server : When uninstalling the MSI setup, there could be an error under certain circumstances that would cause the MSI to abort and perform a rollback, which would install PDFCreator again.
- Thanks to your error reports we could fix some additional bugs.