PDFCreator 4.4 is outCategories:Releases
The new version of PDFCreator brings an improvement of performance, as well as some other helpful new features, which we have listed below.
PDFCreator 4.4 introduces a standby mode that significantly improves printing speed. When PDFCreator is closing, the application will stay in standby and subsequent print jobs will be processed up to three times faster. The standby duration can be configured or completely disabled through the application settings and group policies.
To further improve performance, we have developed a lightweight command line application (PDFCreator-cli.exe) that does not always load the full PDFCreator. This new CLI replaces the previous command line functionality of the PDFCreator.exe.*
*Please switch to the PDFCreator-cli.exe if you have scripts that use PDFCreator to convert files or if you need to restore printers for shared settings. Please refer to the command line parameters section of the user guide, on how to use the PDFCreator-cli.exe.
PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server inherit the CS-Script action from PDFCreator Server, which allows to write own C# scripts with access to the entire job data. It is possible to integrate these custom scripts directly before and after the conversion. The CS-Scripts have full access to the .NET-framework and can reference compatible external libraries.
Page numbers and improved e-mail action
PDFCreator 4.4 comes with a helpful new action that automatically generates page numbers. That means you can merge documents from different applications while still having consistent page numbers. The same applies to different file types.
Test e-mails in the e-mail and SMTP actions will now use the specified attachment files and not a dummy file anymore. In addition, multiple documents for cover, attachment or additional attachments in e-mail actions can now be sorted via drag & drop.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server inherit the CS Script action from PDFCreator Server, which allows to integrate own C# scripts with access to the entire job data.
- PDFCreator now has a standby mode that significantly improves performance.
- New lightweight command line application (PDFCreator-cli.exe) that takes over the command line functionality of PDFCreator.
- Multiple documents for cover, attachment or additional attachments in mail actions can now be sorted via drag & drop.
- A test e-mail in the e-mail or SMTP action now uses the specified attachment files instead of dummy files.
- New action to automatically generate page numbers.
- The HTTP action supports tokens in the upload URL.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: During uninstallation the license was not revoked.
- Under certain circumstances, deleted profiles were still shown in the profile list until re-opening the profiles tab.