PDFCreator 5.0 is here and comes with a brand-new design and some great new features for you.
A shiny new “outfit” for our PDF converter
The new version appears in fresh, new colors and with an optimized layout for the settings and features. It will make working with PDFCreator even more enjoyable and easier, as we have focused on making this design as intuitive and logical as possible for you.
One of our favorite new additions is the optional auto-merging of new files when you save to an existing file. What it means is that when the target file already exists, the new document will automatically be merged with the existing one, without any required interaction from you.
Images for signature
Another improvement in regards to images is that we have added the possibility to insert images into the visual signature
when you sign a PDF. This could for example be a scan of your company stamp. Alternatively, you can draw your signature directly
in the signature settings.
Split your document
Another very practical and helpful feature is a new user token for splitting a document. When inserting this token into a document, it will automatically be split at the specified part where the token was placed, and a new document will be created with the subsequent content. Please note, that this feature is only available in our business editions.
New user token algorithm
Due to its unique formatting, files created by Microsoft Word caused issues when parsing for user tokens. PDFCreator 5.0 comes with a stabilised algorithm to correctly parse user tokens from documents edited by Microsoft Word.
Keeping everything in order
In past versions of PDFCreator it could happen that print jobs did not arrive in the correct order. This could be the case, for example, when two documents differed in size and therefore, the first one took more time to print than the second one. To solve this, PDFCreator now sorts new print jobs based on the time the print job was started. Therefore, a correct order is ensured.
Windows Enterprise Multi-Session support
Finally, we would like to let you know that PDFCreator Professional licenses are now compatible with Windows Enterprise Multi-Session environments.
- PDFCreator is now compatible with Windows Enterprise Multi-Session. Please use PDFCreator Professional (and not PDFCreator Terminal Server) on Multi-Session. The licensing is based on an activated user instead of the machine.
- PDFCreator 5.0.0 has been completely redesigned to give it a tidy, modern look.
- Auto-merge: When saving to an existing file, you can choose that the new document will automatically be merged with the existing file.
- When signing a PDF, you can now insert images into the visual signature, such as a scan of a company stamp - or you draw your signature digitally in the signature settings.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: Split a document into multiple documents by using a special split token.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: New group policy to specify the name of the shared settings file - to assign different settings to different user groups.
- FTP and SFTP now support custom ports by adding the port to the hostname.
- Import a single profile from an exported settings file.
- PDFCreator Professional and Terminal Server: Due to its unique formatting, files created by Microsoft Word caused issues when parsing for user tokens.
- Under some circumstances, print jobs did not arrive in PDFCreator in the correct order, e.g. when the first document took longer to print
than the second. PDFCreator now sorts new print jobs based on the time when the print job was started, which ensures the correct
order even if printing one document takes longer.
- The usage of encryption or signature action could result in an unwanted reset to the default action order.
- When a new version was available, the 'Skip Version' option did not work in combination with the standby and the hint was shown at each start.
- During an update an installed license key was not displayed in the setup.