PDFCreator 5.1 is outCategories:Releases
PDFCreator 5.1.0 is out and here is what we can present to you this time.
PDFCreator is now ready for the energy-efficient world of ARM64 processors. By supporting ARM64, it is now easier for users of PDFCreator on a Windows via Parallels on Mac.
Optimized user tokens
User tokens are a popular feature for PDF automation, therefore we continuously work on optimizing it for you. In general, we have improved the stability of the functionality. On top of that, you can now use full paths in the user token values, for example when you determine a target folder for automatic saving. This goes together with the new possibility to handle escape characters in the user tokens.
Merge PDF with consistent page numbers
Another feature we have focused on in PDFCreator 5.1.0 is ‘merge PDF’. The merge view has become a little more intuitive due to a button that helps you to add more files. For the automatic merging of PDF files you now have the option to do this before or after the modify actions are executed. This is for example very practical for the use of page numbers because when you merge PDF files automatically, the conversion of the final document can now produce consistent page numbers, if "merge before modify actions" is used.
For all other improvements and bug fixes please see our full changelog below.
- PDFCreator Free, PDFCreator Professional, PDFCreator Terminal Server are now ready for ARM64.
- Convert images directly to PDFs without the necessity to print. Therefore the user is able to set the page size and orientation for the resulting document.
- Users now have the option to merge files automatically before or after the modify actions are executed.
- User Tokens are now able to handle full paths in their value.
- The merge view was enhanced with a button to add further files.
- The PDFCreator is now able to handle escape character functionality when dealing with User Tokens. Please refer to the User Tokens section of the user guide for information on how to use them.
- The context menu integration can be en- or disabled in the setup.
- Determining User Tokens sometimes resulted in unexpected behavior. The functionality of the User Tokens is much more stable now.
- Creating image formats did not work when user tokens or certain modify actions were enabled.
- Clearing the log file could lead to an error, if the file was still locked.
- File attachments in the direct E-mail action did not have the correct file extensions.
- When creating new accounts while a print job was running, the print job window could show a message that the new account does not exist.
- Shared settings will no longer modify stored settings in the registry.
- PDFCreator now uses Ghostscript 10.01.1, which brings improved performance and stability. This also fixes a problem that directly processing PDF files was not working anymore under certain circumstances.
- Certain application send the name of unsaved files with a leading "*" to the PDFCreator, which gets replaced with an "_". A leading "*" is now removed by our default title replacement settings.