PDFCreator Server 2.3 comes with several new features and improvements that give you the possibility for even greater workflow optimization and automation. Here is a quick overview for you.
Extra security through watermarks and SFTP
The new version introduces the possibility to add watermarks to your PDF files. It works similarly to the background feature. Depending on how many pages your watermark file consists of you select the type of repetition for the pages. The opacity of the watermark and now also the opacity of the background is variable. When adding a background or watermark, the original size can be kept by disabling ‘fit to page’. Just like the background feature, the watermark functionality can be added as an action in the workflow editor, which means you can automate it according to your requirements.
Uploading to an FTP server is now possible via SFTP. That means you can add certificate data instead of just a password,
which provides an extra layer of security.
Stay focused and skip steps
The workflow editor is now even more intuitive and instantly lets you know in the form of small exclamation mark icons if any configurations are missing or conflicting. PDFCreator Server can now also let you know when it is time for a license renewal. In order to avoid any surprises and distractions we have added a feature that gives you the possibility to activate a reminder.
You can skip yet another step of your workflow with the help of a new action that forwards the print job to another queue. By this you can convert to additional formats and multiply actions while only having to print once. You can, for example, save a document as a picture and
as a PDF at the same time - or you save a PDF/A file locally and send an encrypted PDF by e-mail. For a better overview about your ongoing print jobs, forwarding to a physical printer now sets the title of the print job in the Windows spooler.
Another feature that will optimize your workflow is the possibility to add additional attachments to e-mails sent with PDFCreator Server.
By this you save the extra step of sending further e-mails. And when e-mailing via SMTP, it is now possible to send the e-mail on behalf
of someone else and to define the display name and ‘reply to’ address.
Last but not least, PDFCreator Server 2.3 comes with a new setup. It is a lot quicker and easier to navigate
with fewer clicks so you can move straight on to all the helpful features this PDF converter has to offer.
Please note that the setup command line options have changed. For this version we will still provide a setup
based on the old Inno Setup. Therefore, please adapt your installation procedures as soon as possible.
- The workflow editor view has been improved for a better overview and usability.
Therefore the classic tab view of the queue settings was removed.
- In addition to backgrounds, it is now possible to add watermarks - both with variable opacity.
- When adding a background or watermark, the original size can be kept by disabling fit to page.
- E-mails sent with PDFCreator can now have additional attachments.
- When mailing via SMTP, it is now possible to send the e-mail on behalf of someone else and to define
the display name and reply to address.
- It is now possible to add multiple files as cover pages or as attachment pages.
- Uploading to an FTP server now supports SFTP.
- When forwarding a print job to another printer, PDFCreator now sets the title of that print job in the Windows spooler.
- The user is informed about an impending license expiration and can activate a reminder.
- This release introduces a new action to forward the print job to another queue - e.g. to convert to
additional formats or multiple actions.
- Under certain conditions uploading files via FTP to an empty folder could fail.
- The creation of PDF/A with grayscale was broken. Temporarily this is fixed by using a RGB ICC profile.
- A script error occurred while adding a Dropbox account.