Like a lot of users already noticed, we have published the maintenance release PDFCreator 2.5.3 last week.
There were two problems with the COM interface:
For one, it did not work under all circumstances on PDFCreator Plus, Business and Terminal Server
(if post-processing was used like signing, background etc.).
There are also problems with how Microsoft handles COM access between .Net assemblies. Basically, they try to avoid it, but COM relies on having a unified access.
We have created a workaround and a bit of documentation for that. Please give us feedback if you should still encounter problems.
Also we would like to thank you for the feedback on our UserToken-feature. We have received a lot of samples, which we could use to improve the detection and extraction logic.
Thanks for these reports.
We hope you will enjoy the release. In the meantime, we are continuing to work hard on PDFCreator 3.
- Solved COM issues in .Net. See
- Fixed creating PDF/A, signing, adding background and encrypting via COM
- Adjusted and repaired COM samples
- Thanks to user reports, we could improve the detection of UserTokens in documents
- Retry signing PDF files if time server is temporarily unavailable
- ‘/NoIcons’ parameter for silent installation to disable desktop link
Check out our other Productshttp://www.pdfforge.org/pdfarchitect